What is bullying?
- Verbal bullying — name calling, teasing and saying mean things to someone
- Social bullying — spreading rumors, leaving people out on purpose, breaking up friendships.
- Physical bullying — hitting, punching, shoving
- Cyberbullying — using the internet, cell phones or other technical devices to harm others.
If you see someone being bullied……
- Never laugh or encourage the bully
- Refuse to join in or even watch
- Help the child get away from the bully
- Tell an adult about what happened
Tips on dealing with bullies
- Stand tall and act strong
- Don’t get mad or fight back
- Ignore the bully and walk away
- Tell a trusted adult what happened
Don’t be afraid to report bullying
- Tell an adult what happened as soon as you can
- Explain the incident clearly
- Tell who was involved and what you saw
- Remember that reporting bullying helps protect yourself and others
We have a right not to be bullied. We all deserve to…….
- Feel safe & secure at school
- Be respected
- Be included
- Be treated fairly by others
- Feel good about ourselves
- Get help from a trusted adult when needed