Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate | Staff
Dear Karrer Elementary Families,
We want to thank you for your cooperation and hard work during the fall semester. Your daily commitment to follow the Marion ISD Re-Opening Guidelines created and maintained a safe, healthy campus for our students.
As we enter 2021, we will continue to exercise the protocols put in place this fall. Please review the Marion ISD Re-Opening Guidelines or contact the Karrer Elementary Campus for procedural guidance specific to the campus.
On-campus and remote learning options are still available for students and families. Please review the following information carefully to understand the expectations for our students throughout the year.
We are honored to serve the students and community of Marion. Please contact us if you have any questions or need guidance from our staff.
Karrer Elementary, Principal
We are receiving updates and changes on a daily basis from local, state, and national authorities. These guidelines may be subject to change as the pandemic situation remains fluid.
· Facial coverings are required for all district staff and students.
· Students will need to provide their own personal facemasks. (Dress code applies to student masks.) District will provide a mask if needed.
· All adults, including visitors, are required to wear a mask when entering the building, classroom, and/or office and must remain masked.
TEMPERATURE CHECKS/HOME SCREENING
KARRER CAMPUS ARRIVAL
· Students and staff must wear a mask once they arrive on campus.
· Elementary campuses are closed prior to 7:15AM. Do not drop off students before this time.
· After putting your mask on/face covering, students may enter and go straight to their assigned classroom.
· Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay in their cars and not enter the building at this time.
· Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (GEL IN procedure) will be in place as students enter the building and their classroom.
KARRER CAMPUS DISMISSAL
· Students will remain in the classrooms and the campus will utilize the P.A. system to call car riders and buses to the loading areas. We will load busses in the front of the elementary and the car line will be in the back as normal. Parents, please have a hang tag displayed to expedite the process. This will help manage student movement in the building and decrease the risk of potential crowding outside at dismissal time.
· Sanitizing opportunities will be provided in class before dismissal.
· Early pick up will not be permitted 30 minutes before the end of the day.
· Students walking home must leave campus in a timely manner and continue to wear their mask and social distance until they are off campus.
· Teachers will monitor students throughout the day and refer to the nurse if symptoms are present.
· Teachers and students are required to wear masks.
· Each classroom will be outfitted with visual reminders of distancing requirements will be in all classrooms, marking off areas for common spaces and distancing best practices.
· Refillable alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available and used routinely.
· Disinfectant wipes and sprays will be available to sanitize working surfaces.
o Implement Gel In and Gel out procedure.
o Increase the space between desks and utilize every square inch of available space to create distance between students
o Keep classroom doors open to improve circulation and reduce the touching of the door handles.
o Wear their personal protective equipment at all times
o Teachers will wipe down students' desks upon arrival/dismissal.
· Actively wear face masks and adhere to safety protocols outlined by the classroom teacher.
· Avoid sharing school supplies.
· Students will use hand sanitizers at the beginning and end of each class period. Gel in/Gel out.
· Avoid high-touch areas and items.
· Maintain proper social distancing at all times..
· Students and staff will wear protective face coverings and practice social distancing.
· When transitioning, students will travel in the halls utilizing the PAW prints (placed 6ft apart down the halls) to help social distance in a line.
· Traffic patterns will be established throughout the campus that separates individuals to the greatest extent possible.
· Classroom doors will be propped open to reduce high touch areas.
· Access to hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the campus.
BACKPACKS AND MATERIALS
· Students will not be allowed on the playscape equipment.
· Each classroom has a set of playground equipment for games and activities (balls, hoola hoops, etc.)
· Students will receive hand sanitizer when leaving the classroom for recess.
· Students will wash their hands when returning to the classroom after recess.
· Students recess schedules have been staggered.
· Students will have recess with their homeroom class.
· Students will remain with their homeroom class.
· Students will have 30 minutes of PE daily.
· PE will happen outside as much as possible. When the gym is utilized proper social distancing will be mandated.
· Student supplies will be cleaned and disinfected as much as possible for Challenge Lab activities and STREAM activities.
RESTROOMS AND WATER FOUNTAINS
KARRER CAMPUS LEARNING OPTIONS
Dependent upon what learning option is selected on the Learning Option Commitment form, you will ALSO need to complete either the Parent-Student Remote Learning Contract or the Student-Parent On-Campus Learning Contract.
Transitioning Between Learning Options Timeline: Students/Families have specific dates that they are able to choose between the two learning options for the 2020-2021 school year.
Students and Parents will be asked to complete a Parent-Student Remote Learning Contract that outlines the student and the parent responsibilities during remote learning.
CAFETERIA: BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
· Students will eat breakfast and lunch in the classroom.
· Students will have the option to order a breakfast or lunch from the cafeteria or bring one from home. (Students will be charged at the appropriate pricing for these meals. Example: free, reduced, or paid)
· Parents are discouraged from dropping off daily lunches.
Marion Independent School District
211 West Otto St. | PO Box 189 | Marion Tx. 78124
PHONE: (830) 914-2803 | FAX: (830) 420-3268
Elementary Campuses (Krueger and Karrer)
7:40 am to 3:00 pm
Secondary Campuses (Middle & High Schools)
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
In accordance with Title VI-Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX-Education Amendment of 1972, Section 504-Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the American with Disabilities Act of 1992, the Marion Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Conforme al Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, al Título IX de las Enmiendas de Educación de 1972, a la Sección 504 de la Ley de Rehabilitación de 1973 y al Título II de la Ley sobre Estadounidenses con Discapacidades de 1992, el Marion Independent School District no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, edad, sexo o discapacidad.
Copyright © 2016. Marion Independent School District All rights reserved.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM